Saturday, December 6, 2014

Corvus Cosmetics: The Year 3000 Review

So, this is my first post on the blog, and I'm pretty nervous/excited. This was my first Black Friday with indies, and when I saw that they had a Futurama inspired collection, I knew I had to snatch it up!



I ended up buying the complete set, and it came with a GWP shade: Ice Queen. This is Corvus Cosmetic's first collection, and it contains 9 shades.

The TAT for this store is amazing! I ordered it on the 28th, and I got a shipping notification on December 1st.


When my package arrived to me today, I was so impressed at how personalized they got with the package. I loved that little handwritten note element to it.

(All swatches taken with indirect indoor lighting)


Now.... On to the swatches.
I divided up the colors into warmer and cooler, so let's start warm!
Warm swatches: Left over NYX primer, right over bare skin
(Top over NYX primer, Bottom over bare skin)

Soft, sparkly, super light pink.



If I'm being honest right now, this is like my second favorite shade from the set! I can do so many different things with it, and I love it. It has that subtle shift to a darker pink when applied over primer, but would work well as an inner eye color without primer.



Champaggin!
A rose-gold champagne color with a bit of sparkle.



While I do love this shade, I never really got any of the rose gold that was described on the shop. None the less, I really do like this color. If I pair it with Shiro's Full of Craft, I could have a very nice gold eye. 



Why Not Zoidberg?
A bright coral-pink with a gold shift.



Can you say ROSE GOLD?? I love this shade so much, it makes me want to cry. Not to mention the fact it's lip-safe (I literally made it into some gloss at the bottom). This is hands down my favorite shade from this collection, and I would go back and buy it in a full size. 



Orange Joe
A warm orange with a slight gold shift.



Sadly, I didn't like this color as much. The gold shift came out much more without primer, than with, and that could be an issue with the primer itself, but all I could think when I was swatching was that I looked like I had dorito fingers. Then I got hungry and ate some doritos....



Fine Jamaican Bacon
A chocolate brown with a satiny, slightly sparkly finish.




 While I am a sucker for glitter bombs, and shimmery goodness, it is so nice to have a nice matte-ish brown color to work with, whether I use it to fill in my brows, or blend into a smoky eye, this shade will be very useful to me. It had some issues going over the primer though, so I'll have to work on that.


Cold swatches: Right over NYX primer, left over bare skin


(Top swatched with NYX Primer, bottom bare skin)

Ice Queen (GWP)
Frosty light blue with white sparkles


 

Wowza. I really do like this shade. When I had it in the container, it reminded me of Shiro's Glowstick of Destiny, but once I swatched it, I saw the differences. There was no official description on the shop because it was a GWP, so I tried my best to describe it.



Good News Everyone!
A light, minty green with a strong gold shift.



You can never have too many greens right? I do love this color a lot, and I can picture myself using it on many different occasions. However, I did notice it was quite different from the official swatches, but I think I like this version better than what I thought I would be getting. 

Zero G Jugs
A royal blue with a slight aqua shift.



This was an iffy color for me when I made the purchase. I've never been a very bold blue type of makeup wearer, but I might have to make an exception for this color. I would still wear it without the primer, just because it is a little bit softer, but it applies super well, and I LOVE IT.



Clobberella
Velvety, smoky purple with a soft violet shift.



This is one of those shades that looks fine without a primer, then you add one and wow. Like look at that shift on there!!! I know that I will be using this color a lot in my crease, and occasionally on my lid, but I not only love the name, but the character behind it.


Bite My Shiny Metal @$%
Shiny antique silver with a slight brown base.


Two browns in one collection????? Yay! However, this brown is very different from Fine Jamaican Bacon. First of all, there is an amazing silverish shift on it that was very hard to capture. I really do like this color a lot, but it isn't my favorite.


Overall, I was very happy with all the colors I got. They applied very well, and I look forward to buying from Corvus again in the future.


Bonus:
Why Not Zoidberg? Lip Gloss

 Bare naked lips for reference

My lips with the gloss

Overall, it seems to make an excellent gloss, albeit a little bit runny. It is not super opaque, but it does add a pop of color to my lips, and the gold sheen comes out well in the gloss, just not in the picture as much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment