Monday, January 19, 2015

Hello Waffle: Aka Cat Puns are Life

Hey everybody! I know it's been a couple weeks, but life gets kinda hectic ya know, with midterms and everything.

So, I figured that if I was gonna procrastinate studying I might as well do something productive. So finally, after weeks of hoarding my pretties, here's my review of Hello Waffle!!

I purchased during the flash sale on Black Friday weekend, and it arrived to me before Christmas, but I was away on vacation so I was not able to properly enjoy the shadows before school started back up.

Note: This was my first time buying international, and I was very happy at how smooth everything went through.

All the goods just chillin
This tape is the best I swear..

So in reality I only ordered 5 shades, and then being the butt I am I didn't realize that Christine had a no sample policy, but I suck and asked her for one and after I felt bad. But of course because she is a big old nice person she still put it in.

All swatches taken over NYX primer

Rose gold shimmer, more on the rosy side. My favourite from this collection!



I HAVE A MIGHTY THIRST FOR ROSE GOLDS. This color is the bomb diggity (I know I'm cool), and I have used this so many times so far, and I always get complimented on it. It is kind of hard to get the gold glitter to stick sometimes, so I may have to try out a different primer to see if it helps. 

Green duochrome over a periwinkle sky blue with flecks of starry gold




Holy mother of classic literature. I was kinda unsure if I wanted to get this color at first because I didn't know when I was actually gonna be able to use it, but now I have absolutely no regrets. It was just as pretty in the jar as when I applied it on, and right in the bottom right hand corner you can see how it looks on bare skin, and I think I might have to try it out that way!!! 


Lady-like pink blush




This color fits the book sooooooooo well. I'm serious. Whenever I think Pride and Prejudice, all I think is dainty pink, and kind of light fluffy dresses. And all these cute and amazing labels are killing me. This is such a nice and simple color that I feel like I could wear with anything and look all lady like, and it works great as a blush!

Matte grey base with intense gold sparkle

 (Please ignore the math homework on the back of this)



This is by far my favorite shade of the collection, and for me the most wearable. I was so torn between buying this one, or catticus finch because I love them both so much, but in the end Purrian Grey won out because who can resist grey with gold? My only issue with this color sometimes is that the grey gets lost in the gold, and the gold sparkles can sometimes go everywhere, but that kind of stuff is easily fixable. 

Green like Harry's eyes, with magical house colour microshimmer and a silver overlay because Slytherin  





THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE FOR PUTTING HARRY POTTER WITH CLASSIC LITERATURE. Sorry, but I strongly believe that Harry Potter should be considered classic literature, and to see it with a collection about classic novels just warmed my little potterhead heart. I really love this color because it is so nicely pigmented, and green and silver work sooo well in this, plus Slytherin. I wanna try this one out as a winged liner, because the kind of in your face greenish teal color just screams wings. 

Satin greyed purple with a copper sheen



I'll give you guys a moment to ooh and ahh over that red duochrome, because I know I did! This was the freebie I asked for (because I apparently don't know how to read simple website instructions), and I am so glad I still got it! This color works extremely well with Purrian Grey, so I'll try to do an EOTD sometime soon to show you guys how well these colors work together. 

Overall:
This was the Black Friday Order I was so excited for, because it was my first little step into Hello Waffle, and now I kind of want to dive into it and buy everything. The shadows were all super great quality, and sadly I missed the birthday sale, but I plan on making an order after I finish with this sad, and lonely no-buy. 

1 comment:

  1. Great haul! I need 23 and The Great Catsby in my life, like, yesterday. It's good to hear that your first internationalpurchase went smoothly. I made my first, too, also with Hello Waffle Cosmetics--air-five! After seeing and reading about everyone's Hello Waffle hauls and experiences, now more than ever I'm excited for the mailman to arrive!

    joana @ www.dropoffblvd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete